Monday, May 08, 2006

Where I've Been

There is a lot to say. My girlfriend has been in town for the past two and a half weeks, so when I haven’t been working, I’ve been hanging out with her. We have been crazy busy. There have been nights of meeting up with her friends here, a grill out at the lake, a day of canoeing with my Dad, a weekend trip to Omaha to visit her Mom, dinner with a few of my friends, an evening out for chocolate fondue, an evening in for a neighborhood walk, my cousin’s concert and a wedding (in which she did an awesome job singing, you should hear her!). That is the short of where I’ve been the past couple weeks.

As you may have guessed, it has been awesome having my girlfriend around for the past 2.5 weeks. That is the longest period of time we have been able to see each other on a regular basis since she left for NYC 8 months ago. Although we have been able to visit each other quite frequently considering the distance, it isn’t the same as just living life within 25 miles of each other. I must say, after the past couple weeks I’ve learned I like 25 miles a lot more than 1,200! There is too much to say about the last 2.5 weeks to detail it here so I won't even try. If you want to hear about it, call or email me.

My sister just became SCUBA certified last month and has the bug big time. She went to Belize this past week, and has some amazing stories from it. She has now seen the stuff I’ve only dreamed about seeing. It doesn’t seem right since I’ve been certified now for 7 years. There are few things in this world I enjoy more than SCUBA diving, and there are few things in this world that I do less of. I guess it is a combination of cost and location. Expensive equipment and cold murky local water slows down the SCUBA process.

I’m also getting the bug to get back into playing guitar. I’m not sure how much time I’ll actually have to do it, but I’m going to try to play from time to time. Don’t be surprised if this is the last you hear of guitar playing, it might become less of an option in about a month once I’m drowning in school work.

I registered for classes last week for the summer and am ready to roll! I’ll be taking Operations Management and Financial Management. I’m starting to feel the hurt that is tuition, I just need to keep reminding myself that it is an investment.

4 Comments:

Blogger Seth R. said...

So, when do we get to meet your girlfriend? Or are you afraid our unruly mob will scare her off? ;)

Dude! I didn't know you played guitar. We must get together and rock it out. Even if I still don't know what I'm doing.

5/08/2006 11:58 PM  
Blogger david said...

You met her! Once. At that grill out I had last fall. The one where we had the pool tourney and sat in my living room at the end watching stupid internet videos. I'll have to organize a little something with the crew the next time we have a chance.

5/09/2006 7:29 AM  
Blogger david said...

And about the guitar thing, I'm sure you are 100x better than me. I really don't know how to play. I'm not being modest here either. I honestly have forgotten most everything but a few chords. I have a lot to do before I could even try to get through a basic song again.

5/10/2006 6:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I happen to know of one thing you enjoy more that scuba diving:
teaching elementary childern the fundemantal causes of major spinal infections. But you don't do that very often either.

8/13/2006 3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home