Thursday, April 06, 2006

Death of a Camera

You may recall my dear friend, compatriot, and long time companion, my Canon A70 digital camera. Well, as with all good friends, it too at one point must pass away. That point is now. Yes, the camera that documented all the adventures you have read about here is no more. A moment of silence please........... Thank you.

I never knew I'd miss my camera so much. It has made me realize how much I love pictures. There is really no better way of recording life history. As strange as it seems, the thought of me missing a quality life moment was a bit traumatic.

So what does a guy do with a memory card he dumped $60 into, batteries and a charger he dumped $30, and a camera case he put another $15 into? Buy the same camera again of course! Aside from the accessories I already have, I figure if I'm going to beat the next camera to a pulp as well, I might as well buy it cheap. A 2.5 year old used camera is certainly that! Plus I've always been happy with the picture quality. Who needs 7 megapixels anyway right? 3.2 has served me well. At least so far I don't know any better and that is what I'm telling myself.

1 Comments:

Blogger david said...

It is good to know I'm not alone here! It seems like digital cameras should be a bit more rugged. I don't remember their non-digital counterparts having such breakage issues. Then again, I never owned a non-digital counterpart.

4/09/2006 2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home