Monday, June 12, 2006

A Year, A Raft, and A Semester

Another great weekend. My girlfriend and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary. We had dinner at a place on Lake Minnetonka and checked out a nearby county park. A quiet evening, but a lot of fun. It is hard to believe it has been a year already. It sure goes quickly. It is amazing how much life can change in just one short year. Makes me wonder where I will be a year from now. I know many of you probably don’t feel like you have even had the chance to get to know her over the past year, I guess that is the trouble with a distance relationship. I’m sure there will be more opportunity when she moves back in December (yes, she is going to be able to come back 9 months early!).

Sunday I went rafting near Duluth. They weren’t the wildest rapids of all time, but wild enough to throw a few people out of their rafts, luckily no one from my raft. It is hard to beat the thrill of heading directly towards a large bulge of water only to have it engulf you as you paddle for dear life.

Prior to rafting, we had lunch on the deck of a restaurant overlooking lake Superior. When the waitress came out with the food a seagull swooped down and nabbed a hunk of meat out of my sandwich! I swear animals are out to get me. First my iPod, now my lunch!

School starts for me tomorrow. I’m ready to get back into it. I don’t look forward to the workload, but I’m excited to check some more credits off my list. Also, I think this semester is going to be especially interesting. I’m taking a IT course and a finance course, both areas which have interested me for a while and ones I’ve been wanting to take since the start of the program. Bring it!

3 Comments:

Blogger Seth R. said...

Never trust a seagull.

6/17/2006 12:28 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

Wow, at first when I first saw seagull I was kinda thinking you where going to say something else. I am glad to hear that I was wrong!
Swinin Sam

6/26/2006 11:41 AM  
Blogger david said...

Uh, what were you thinking I was going to say?

6/26/2006 11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home