Sunday, May 21, 2006

They All Must Die

If you have been to my place in the last 3 years, then you will know I have a serious weed problem, and that is has been getting worse each year. This year I'm taking care of business. I have vowed to kill all (or at least 95%) of my weeds. This is all new to me. I never have needed to take care of a lawn, and have never learned how, which is I suppose why mine has gone to pot.

I'm not sure if I'm doing anything right, but I gave the whole lawn a dose of weed killer this afternoon. I plan on hitting it every weekend until they are gone. I will have my vengeance on them. I will be victorious.

My only concern is that with the amount of weeds I have that once they are dead I might have a lot of bear spots. I'm not sure what my lawn/weed ratio is, but I would think 50% is generous. We will see by week end what is left!

4 Comments:

Blogger david said...

I'll keep that in mind. I'm not really overly concerned about it, I'm sure it will all work out. I have some seed already, I'm prepared!

5/22/2006 8:01 PM  
Blogger mjonthemove said...

Du,
You said weed and pot way too many times in that first paragraph.

6/03/2006 11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weed trouble, huh? Have you tried mouthwash mixed with diesel fuel? Mary Thornburg wishes you'd get on MySpace.

6/03/2006 11:22 AM  
Blogger david said...

mjon - I appreciate your concern. I know I have a problem, that is what this post is about. I need to get rid of all the weed in my life. I no longer control it, it controls me. Weed was the gateway, it was the gateway which turned my lawn to pot. I think I'm on the road to recovery, it is a slow road, but I'm taking it one day at a time.

Zap - Give Mary my email, I'd be happy to talk to her.

6/04/2006 6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home