Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Searching for Direction

I'm ashamed to admit it, but I am helpless at finding my way around. This past weekend I was supposed to go to a friend's birthday party downtown and I drove around for a half hour looking for the place, called, got directions, then spent the next 1.5 hours not finding it. I've lived here for nearly 3 years, you would think I could find my way around the city by now. I must not get out enough. Too much time studying I imagine. Actually, my theory is that I spend so much time concentrating on my safe driving that I don't realize where I am or how I got there. I'm sure anyone that has ridden with me could testify to my safe driving habits ;-) So, if you didn't pick up the hint yet and are still looking for a Christmas present for me, look no further.

5 Comments:

Blogger Erin Bennett said...

Well, then, what else do you want, because I was planning on spending at least $600.
:)
Sorry we missed you on Friday!

12/06/2005 9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of my other friends just got one of those and it is very cool.

And if my mishaps have any power to make you feel better...I got lost downtown when I was supposed to meet a potential new hire for dinner and ended up being 45 minutes late. Amazingly I was later asked to host another dinner :)

12/07/2005 1:11 PM  
Blogger david said...

Erin - I'm glad you understand that Christmas is more about giving than receiving! I'm happy to help you practice your giving, it isn't easy to do, but that is just the kind of guy I am!

Karin - I've never dinner hosted! Some people have all the luck!

Michelle - Hey now! That was years ago, I don't do that anymore...much.

12/08/2005 10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess what I got for Christmas? It's like your wishes come true for me :) Or maybe some nice person got you one as well.

12/27/2005 6:58 PM  
Blogger david said...

I was not so lucky for Christmas. But it is about the giving, not the recieving right?

1/02/2006 7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home