Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Memorial Day Weekend

Three day weekends go by way too quickly! It was certainly nice to have some time to recharge this weekend.

Saturday was my Star Wars Marathon party. Nine people, including myself, showed up for it and watched Ep 4-6 and 1-2 in my basement on the wall then we headed over to the theatre for Ep 3. Being that Ep 3 has been out for over a week and a half, the attendance of the party was relatively low, but it seemed like those who came enjoyed it. Mission accomplished. I think this is my last movie marathon party. Movie viewing is such an anti-social event and while I suppose I have a prime spot for such an event it seems like a waste of a day I could spent actually talking and getting to know people.

I haven't had much time for "fun without a plan" for a long while, and Sunday was a great day for not having a plan. It felt like I was back in high school, just hanging out with friends, killing time outside, no real plan. I can't remember the last time I did that. Life gets so busy it is so easy to forget how important it is to just connect with people. Those are the kind of times you remember for a life time, where you are able to hang out and be real. No structure, just basic, honest fun.

Back to the work world now. Time to make some money so I can afford to make some more real memories.

2 Comments:

Blogger Erin Bennett said...

So, you're a Star Wars fan, eh? Get this. I saw Episode 3 last weekend. Unfortunately, I had never seen any of the other episodes. It was a great time. Luckily, Dan did his best to fill me in on the other 5 before we went. But it didn't make me like the new one any more. :)

5/31/2005 8:43 AM  
Blogger david said...

I like the movies, but I don't think I've seen any of them more than 3 times. A few of my friends from work wanted to have a marathon and convinced me to host it because I had the biggest screen.

I would think it would be hard to follow Ep 3 without seeing any of the others, if Dan can get you to check out the others it might make a little more sense ;-)

5/31/2005 8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home