Thursday, April 28, 2005

Velvet Revolver Concert

I don't think it is any secret I am a fan of free stuff, well, then again, who isn't? So when a guy I know from work dropped tickets to the Velvet Revolver show tonight in my lap I think it is accurate to say I was a bit pleased. I got the tickets 3 hours before the show tonight, so it was a challenge to find someone who was available. I called nearly everyone I know (all 2 of you). If I didn't call you that means 1 of 3 things:

1) I don't have your phone number
2) You don't like good music
3) You live more than 40 miles away from the Xcel Center

If you fall into any of these categories, I recommend fixing your life. This was the only large concert I've been to aside from Counting Crows. I'm used to Cornerstone, where shows have a smaller, more local feel to them so this was a bit of an odd experience. This was a truly commercialized experience, the over done lighting, big ego rock stars, and yuppie suburbanites taking photos with their camera phones. It was all rather amusing.

Hoobastank opened for them and did a fabulous job. Hoobastank has a much cleaner sound, something that would almost lull you to sleep if it wasn't so driving. That is a good thing.

Keep on a rockin'!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home