Sunday, May 22, 2005

Plumbing

At 6:30 a.m. Saturday it was raining and predicted to rain all weekend. As such, my plans of putting up gutters were cut and I told my Dad not to come up. Naturally come 10:00 a.m. the sun was shining and there was no rain for the remainder of the weekend. ARRRHHH!

It wasn't a wasted weekend however. My faucet has been leaking like mad from the handles and was all around a piece of junk. Fresh from working at my friend's place on his basement plumbing, I felt confident I could remedy the situation. While I was able to successfully cut the existing copper pipe, install stop valves, supply lines, and the new faucet, I learned an important lesson about plumbing: Minimum water pressure is all that is needed to create a big mess.
Halfway through the project I thought I might be able to get some water out of the basement sink if I turned on the main super low and had all the basement valves open. After all, water goes down before it goes up right? Maybe, but it doesn't go down fast enough. I had to break out a few towels upstairs.

1 Comments:

Blogger Erin Bennett said...

I'm impressed with your ambition! I can't say that the thought would even enter my mind to try that alone. Way to go. :)

5/24/2005 8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home