Monday, May 16, 2005

Weddings: It's Go Time!

Let the festivities begin! I went to my first wedding of the year Saturday. The first 1 or 2 of the year are always the best. It is before I get burnt out on having every weekend of the short summer eaten up, and are typically during poor weather anyway. I know both the bride and groom, they are a couple friends from church. Aside from having to deal with finding parking in Minneapolis it was a great wedding, beautiful church, and not overly wordy. After the wedding we had about an hour to kill before the reception so we ran over to the nearest non-Starbucks coffee shop.

It was nuts to meet up with some people I hadn't seen in a year or so. It always amazes me how quickly people's lives can change. Apparently one of them dated, married, and had a 5 month old kid all within that time. Either that or I was so out of touch a year ago I didn't notice. I'm guessing the latter is more likely.

At the wedding I met the great Erin, and she was even more enthusiastic in person. Her husband was quite swell as well.

The dance was one of the best I have been to in years, despite it being the shortest. This was the second wedding dance in a row I got to do a special performance, how odd is that? The last wedding I was at I did my OuttaSync "Bye, Bye, Bye" bit (originally from my stint in Rochester, MN circa 2001). This weekend it was the Nap Dyn dance. Wow was it rough. No practice or anything since the April 20th original performance and the music was the album version, not the movie version. Yikes. Still, it was a blast.

This was also one of the few dances in a while I've been to where I knew about a quarter of the people on the dance floor. It is always easier to get the groove on when you don't have to work at getting into all those clicky dance circles that inevitably evolve.

Afterwards a couple friends came over and we were able to wind down from an exciting evening with the less than adequate movie "Collateral." Wow was that movie mediocre. Everyone got what they deserved in the end, the good guys win, and yet nothing is resolved. But it is always more important the company you spend your time with than what you do. At least I had that going.

The next wedding has a lot to live up to. June 4 is 19 days away and counting! Woo hoo!

4 Comments:

Blogger Erin Bennett said...

Yay! I made it into your blog within days of meeting you! I'm honored. :) Although, the link doesn't work... It's great to finally know "the David" behind all of your posts and comments. Here's to strength in making it through the wedding season that is now upon us!

5/16/2005 9:41 PM  
Blogger david said...

Thanks for the heads up on the link, not sure what happened there but it is now fixed. As a general rule I try not to include names of people in the event they don't want me talking about them publicly, but I figured in your case I could make an exception!

5/16/2005 9:59 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Great post david! i'm sure rich and corinne will be happy to know that it was one of the best you've been to! although i do agree it ended much too soon! :( owell... the next wedding i know of isn't until july.. have fun with yours!
later

5/17/2005 10:50 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

p.s. i should say... have fun with the one you'll go to in june... everyone here at work kept saying, "so how was your wedding"... i had to say that i didn't know... i haven't had it yet... haha

5/17/2005 10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home