Friday, August 04, 2006

Fun with Foam

I apologize that it has been so long since my last update. I know many of you have become frustrated with my lack up postings. I still plan to post, but it isn't easy. I'll give you one word: school. I do a lot of studying. This weekend I'll be studying a minimum of 20 hours Fri-Sunday. I don't want this to sound like I'm the busiest person in the world, because I'm not, so I'll just leave it at that.

Last weekend I went out with a few friends to try out foam dancing. If you are unfamiliar with foam dancing, it involves a fenced off outdoor area in which detergent is mixed with water above you and suds spill onto the ground and fill up the fenced in area. The foam gets to be shoulder high in places, and near the source can stand 6-7 feet high.

Dancing in foam has several advantages over your typical run of the mill dance floor.

  • No one can see your cheesy white boy dance. This is unquestionably the greatest feature of the foam. You don't need to know how to dance, you just have to be able to move around. No one can tell if you stink.
  • Everyone can do a perfect "worm". You know that annoying guy at every wedding dance that has to do that weird thing where he lays face down on the floor and bends his back up and down such that he squirms like a worm? In the foam, you can be that guy. Simply drop below the foam, then come up and claim your accomplishment.
  • Showering that day is optional. Sure, I suppose you could lather up in the shower before heading into shoulder high detergent, but why? You can dance as hard as you want all night, and you never have to worry about embarrassing underarm odor.
    1. If you ever decide to give this a try, there are a few things to keep in mind:

      1. Chafing - This may sound strange, but after 3 hours in soap, skin becomes irritated and dry. Anything you don't want chafed, salve up or put a bandage over. I had to learn this lesson the hard way. I'll let you figure it out from there.
      2. Extra Clothing - You get wet, really wet, like you have been dunked in a pool. Bring a towel and extra cloths to change in the car or you are going to have a wet, soapy ride home.
      3. Bad DJs - Let's face it, when was the last time you were at a club with good music? Odds are you will be treated to the likes of Yung Joc, Cherish, or Shakira. It isn't that there isn't good pop music made anymore, it just isn't played.

      So there you have it. The world of foam dancing. It isn't for everyone, in fact I don't think its even for me, but you should get out and try it once, it is an experience you won't soon forget.

      5 Comments:

      Anonymous Anonymous said...

      Foam dancing again? Where'd you go this time?

      8/06/2006 1:15 PM  
      Blogger david said...

      Some cheesy suburban club. We went for the foam, not for the location.

      8/06/2006 2:04 PM  
      Anonymous Anonymous said...

      How am I supposed to go a foamin' if I don't know the name of the foamery?

      8/06/2006 6:54 PM  
      Blogger david said...

      This place is embarrassingly poor in my opinion, which is why I am hesitant to even admit I was there.

      8/06/2006 8:44 PM  
      Blogger david said...

      Maybe so, but that doesn't make my ears hurt any less.

      8/13/2006 4:31 PM  

      Post a Comment

      << Home