Tuesday, February 21, 2006

NYC and V-Day

I have had a few New York posts as of late. There are more to come. I have two more flights already booked within the next 1.5 months. I'm starting to feel like New York is a second home, at least the Upper West Side. I'm sure my girlfriend would tell you that I don't know the difference between Broadway and Amsterdam Ave, which for all intents and purposes may be true, but I am getting very comfortable around parts of the city.

The iPod came in very handy on the flight out. A group of 4 teachers from California were on their way to NYC to meet up with some friends. Despite my efforts to try studying and blocking out their loud exclamations, I learned how many guys the each made out with, which of those guys they all had in common, how hammered they were going to be all weekend, and that they thought a cab from Newark, NJ to New York, NY would only cost $20. It was about that time I decided it was time that I put on my headphones. If Arnold Schwarzenegger is wondering why CA schools rank 46th in the nation, I think I might be able to help shed some light on the subject.

I've never been big on Valentine's Day, I still say it is an excuse to stimulate the economy. Lucky for me, I'm dating someone who agrees. While we did go out for dinner, and briefly dropped in a jazz bar, we kept the hoopla to a minimum. We exchanged small but thoughtful gifts, kept it simple. I really couldn't have asked for a better way to celebrate it. I sure am a lucky guy.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never been to NYC. Does everyone there wear socks on their ears and ride flamingos to work like I've heard?

2/24/2006 9:41 PM  
Blogger david said...

Yes, yes they do. And the rivers flow with warm root beer.

2/25/2006 5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could you elaborate on the details of the make out sessions they discussed? I am interested for a novel I just thougt about writing set on a plane from california to new york about some teachers.

2/27/2006 3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home