Thursday, August 18, 2005

More Wedding Fun

Sunday I went to the wedding of couple friends from church, they are fellow youth group leaders with me. I’ve been to a couple other youth leader weddings, and as a general rule they are a lot of fun. There is something about that whole group of people that just lends them to be fun people, more so than your average run of the mill folk.

Still, as with every wedding, I have my comments. After going to as many weddings as I have, it is near impossible for me not to dissect them. I’ve never been a big fan of the Sunday wedding, and this one reinforces that thought. The best part of any wedding is the wedding dance (unless you are the bride/groom, but I’ll let you figure that one out), but unfortunately Sunday weddings don’t warrant themselves well to staying up until midnight busting a move to the latest Emeniem song when work is looming in the morning. I felt bad leaving at 9:30, but it was a 30 minute drive home and it had already been a long weekend. The wedding service itself seemed to run a little long for my tastes as well. Not that it matters, they should do whatever they want for their wedding. But being forced to sit through a 15 minute slide show after an hour service seemed a bit excessive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home