Sunday, August 07, 2005

One Of Those Embarrassing (A.K.A. Fun At My Expense) Moments

I haven't posted in a while, although it hasn't been for lack of material. It has been a hectic few weeks. Work is busy as always, youth group is wrapping up, and I've started seeing the girl I posted about earlier a lot more. She is still moving to the east coast at the end of the month, there isn't anything that can change that. For now we're planning to see how things go, and then figure out what to do come the end of the month. Nothing like the pressure of the clock to really make you think things over.

We met up last night and went for a walk around the neighborhood. The sun was down and we were walking through a school playground. I have horrible night vision and there were no streetlights nearby so the whole playground was near to impossible for me to see. We walked to the edge of the sand, where there was a short wooden barrier to keep the sand from spilling into the grass. Luckily, I saw it in time not to trip over it. I took my next step over the barrier and to my horror the world fell away around me, or more like I fell away from it. I learned very quickly the barrier I stepped over was 4 feet above the ground. This was very funny to one of us and rather painful for the other! As mean as it sounds, it really was a rather humorous situation. One second we are having a serious conversation and the next I'm lying on the ground in a muddle puddle 4 feet below. She was laughing the whole way home.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Sounds pretty funny... like something that would happen to me. :)

Good Luck in whatever happens with your situation! That's gotta be a really tough one to figure out.


later

8/10/2005 11:13 PM  
Blogger david said...

Thanks! I'm sure it will turn out fine. Just a odd situation. Hope to see you at the wedding tomorrow!

8/13/2005 1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home