Friday, August 19, 2005

California Post 1

Just to warn you, these entries are going to be long. I tend to get carried away when I have some time to actually write a little. I left today to see my sister out in CA. The plan is to stay there a week, so some hiking in Yosemite, spend some time on the beach, do some salsa dancing, and who knows what else. A mutual friend of my sister and I is flying out from NY so it will be the three of us finding adventure for the next week. Should be a good time.

My girlfriend (yes, its now official) was out in Atlanta this week for training. Her flight was scheduled to land here at 7:00, and my plane was scheduled to leave at 8:35. Since we were at different terminals, I wasn’t expecting to be able to see her until I returned, a total of two weeks apart. She surprised me by flying standby on an earlier flight and we were able to meet up for a quick food court dinner before my flight. It wasn’t long, and it is probably cheesy for me to even bring up, but I thought it was pretty cool that she went so far out of her way for such a short amount of time.

On the plane I met the two nicest mother-in-laws going to visit their daughter/son in CA. They seem to have so much fun together, it is amazing. The one hasn’t spent more than 2 nights away from her husband since they were married 22 years ago. Wow. I’m not sure if that is cute or way too codependent. I’d lean toward the latter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home