Monday, April 18, 2005

Atlanta: Day 4

Today we went to President Jimmy Carter’s presidential library. As much as I disagree with the way he approached nearly every event in his term, it was a ton of fun. They had the most beautiful grounds I’ve seen. A Japenese garden, waterfall, pristine flowers, shrubs, and fountains. Inside they had gifts from foreign leaders, the navy suit he was married in, and millions of documents related to his presidency. Amazingly, there was not a single can of Billy Beer. You would think the $5 Senior Citizen admission I paid (apparently I look older than my years) would buy me the right to view a can of Billy Beer, I’m starting the think the value of the American dollar isn’t what it once was.

Now we are driving home. We are about 2 hours into the trip, only 18 to go! We stopped at a KFC for dinner in Kentucky. Big mistake. Kentucky being the birthplace of KFC they sure know how to theme a restaurant with grease. I don’t regularly eat KFC, this was only the 4th time I have ever eaten at one, so maybe I just didn’t know what to expect. My chicken was greasy to the BONE! How is that even possible? They would need to inject it in! I’m sure they are out to kill me. To add to the experience, just as I was picking up a large chicken breast, with all its greasy goodness pouring out, that “Summer Days” song from the movie Grease comes over the loud speaker. It couldn’t have been planned better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home