Saturday, April 09, 2005

The Pain of Biking

Today I did some biking with some friends from work. By biking I mean mountain biking. By friends I mean tournament competitors. And by some I mean over 20 miles.

A little over half way through our adventure I hit a log wrong and went over the handle bars, ouch. I scuffed up my leg a bit, but no permanent damage to anything other than my ego.

After the ride we stopped at a grocery store and bought a bunch of oranges, strawberries, and grapes. One of the greatest things about a hard workout like that is eating afterwards. There is nothing like the gut wrenching hunger pains ending when gorging yourself. Plus, the sugar high from all that fruit wasn't too bad either.

It was awesome, but wow am I sore. I'm planning to start biking to work, it is just under 8 miles, we will see how long that keeps up. I need to do something to get my legs in shape before visiting my sister this summer. If we are going to do any diving in Monterey I'll need to be ready for it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Wow... sounds like fun! Even though painful. I need a good bike before I can trek over rough terrain, etc. I took Shane's old bike from his office last year cuz he didn't want it anymore and I was like, hey free bike, sure!
It's a cheapo one, so I don't know how great it will be if biking long distances.
Well anyways... a working I shall continue... later

4/14/2005 4:28 PM  
Blogger david said...

It was a blast. Today I biked to work! It is only 8 miles to work so at least while it is still cool in the mornings I'll try biking unless I have a good excuse.

So you can read personal blogs at work? Who do I contact about getting a job? ;)

4/14/2005 8:21 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

You should get a job at Ryan's place, cuz it's about as flexible there as it is at my place! We don't do programming... only right brainers get hired with me! :) haha... but seriously, I sometimes will have a chance just to glance at blogs when I'm in between jobs or waiting on my higher up to consult with me on a certain job, or I'll check before my lunch break is over. It only takes a quick minute to read and post.
Anyhoo... talk to ya later!

4/16/2005 12:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home