Sunday, March 27, 2005

Easter

Well, happy Easter everyone. I hope you have had your fill of those marshmellow chicks and boiled eggs. Mmmm... doesn't that sound great?

I must say though, Easter has to be one of my favorite holidays, even better than Thanksgiving. No gifts, no expectations, you still see the family, you eat good food, you can go outside without the fear of losing your face to frostbite... what could be better?

It was a little wierd going to the Easter dinner without my ex-girlfriend. I know we were only going out for 4 months, but having to go through the whole "yeah, we aren't together anymore because " bit isn't the most fun. I guess people ask because they care, so I suppose in a way that is better than not asking at all.

I'm sure by now you have seen Napoleon Dynamite, it is all the rage with the kids these days. As such, I figured the little dance number he does at the end of the movie would be perfect for the the Youth Group talent show on April 20th. I started rehersing today. There is nothing to make you feel like an idiot more than jumping around in your living room all by yourself for 2 hours. I have been wanting to do some kind of a dance for this show the past 2 years, but no one has wanted to do anything with me. This being a one person dance should work perfectly. I think I'm going to have that song echoing through my head now until the end of April, "Dance! Nothing else for me to do! Dance!"

I finished rough drafts of all my essays for my U of M application yesterday, and have been working on my resume for the app today. It won't be long now! I can smell the thick stench of No. 2 pencil lead and musty libraries in the air already!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home