Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Smells Like 27

Monday I turned 27. It happens to be my favorite number. There are a few things about 27 that have interested me for quite a while. First of course would be the presence of 27 in the work of the great Weird Al Yankovic. For a complete (or at least as complete as you will find) list of his 27 references, please see The 27 List.

Additionally, you may have heard of what is called The 27 Club. The 27 Club is a group of young musicians who's quick rise to fame ultimately ended in their death at age 27. The four members typically referenced are Jimmy Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin, and Kurt Cobain. Lucky for me I'm not a rich rock star.

I have a feeling 27 will be a good year for me. Its my lucky number after all. I'm determined to find my destiny this year. I'll keep you posted and let you know when "it" happens, whatever "it" may be. (If you couldn't tell, that was a bit tongue in cheek)

Other interesting facts about 27:
  • There are 27 books in the New Testament.
  • The current number of Amendments to the United States Constitution.
  • The number of outs in a regulation Professional baseball game. (Correction: there are 54, my bad)
  • It is a perfect cube, that is 33 = 27.
  • The number of completed, numbered piano concertos by Mozart.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy late birthday!

9/06/2006 9:26 PM  
Blogger Erin Bennett said...

I turn 27 next year, and now I'm really excited!
And I'm glad someone corrected your baseball flub. :)

9/07/2006 10:04 AM  
Blogger david said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes and the baseball correction! I suppose it would be only fair to count both teams.

Go 27!

9/07/2006 8:06 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I KNEW IT! This weekend I was remembering last year that the day after Tim and Kristin's wedding was your birthday!! SO...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY... A BIT BE-LATED, though i was thinking of it the day before, that counts for something, right? :)

see you sometime soon... maybe this sunday? i'll bring your towel! :)

9/07/2006 11:20 PM  
Blogger Seth R. said...

You could say that the Away team will receive 27 outs before the game is over in a regulation baseball game (asuming they don't go to extra innings).

Hapy birthday David!

9/08/2006 5:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy late birthday!

9/19/2006 9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home