Friday, September 22, 2006

New Weekend Plans

My weekend plans changed pretty quick this week. A good friend of mine lost his father on Wednesday morning to cancer. It all happened so quick. It's been only a month and a half since they discovered it and now he is gone. I know life is fragile and our whole lives can be turned upside down in an instant, but it is one thing to know it and another to see it happen.

It has been difficult to relate to, I've never had anything quite like this happen to me before. The most difficult part of all this for me has been to watch my friend go through all this and feel like there is nothing I can do to help and no way I can truly relate to what he must be going through. I suppose just being there is enough, or at the very least a start. It seems like there are never the right words to say, so I find myself saying very little, maybe that is best anyway.

Dealing with death is never an easy road, but is good to know that I'll have friends to stand by me when I have to deal with it next.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Oh man, that would be so hard. I'm sure you just being there to listen or just "be" with him is enough. Which it sounds like you've come to that conclusion as well.

9/24/2006 11:54 PM  
Blogger david said...

Thanks. Hopefully it went ok from his perspective.

9/27/2006 5:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home