Monday, January 01, 2007

New Update On The New Year

Happy New Year! It is now 2007 and I have been off of work for nearly a week and a half. It feels like it has been a month with all the activity. My girlfriend and I went to Iowa to see her Dad’s family, Nebraska to see her mom’s, Minnesota to see mine, and now it is back to work tomorrow. I had a great time making the rounds, but it was a lot of driving and a lot of family time on both of our sides, so we have talked about scaling back next year. This seems to be one area where I’m more talk than action. Perhaps that is something to make a New Years resolution about.

Following up on my previous posting on greed, let’s talk about the materialistic side of Christmas. Santa was good to me this year. My loot includes a gas grill, an electric chain saw (to handle all the fallen branches I regularly get in the yard), cash, books, gift certificates, and even a framed picture. I couldn’t ask for much more!

School starts up again in 2 weeks! Is it just me or does it feel like I’ve been going to school now forever? It has only been 1.5 years. With any luck, it will only be another 2. That means I’ll be over the hump after this semester, that is somewhat of a milestone right? I’ll relish the victories I can!

4 Comments:

Blogger Karin - BluePip Designs said...

Have the in-laws come to you. That worked pretty well for us this year :)

Congrats on the framed picture - we gave out a ton this year (wedding pics) and they were a huge success.

1/02/2007 5:01 PM  
Blogger david said...

Not a bad idea! That would save a ton of driving!

My cousin sent out framed pictures after his wedding too. I still have it up.

1/03/2007 7:00 AM  
Blogger smeets said...

I am sure getting over the hump will be a great feeling. It is so weird here being in the quarter system I am only 1/6 of the way done.

1/06/2007 11:07 AM  
Blogger david said...

Progress is progress, no matter how small it may feel. By the time you graduate you will wonder how it went so fast, but I certainly know it doesn't feel like that now (at least it doesn't for me!).

1/07/2007 9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home