Sunday, April 01, 2007

Spring Updates

How long has it been? 5 weeks? Yikes. For the few of you still checking in on me here, thanks. I don't have a good excuse for my silence as of late. Yeah, I've been super busy the last month with work and school, but I've also managed to find time to watch the latest episodes of 24. In short, there is no excuse. I'm here now, hopefully that counts for something.

First, I'd like to comment on the events of last weekend. I had one of the best weekends I've had in months last weekend with a couple old buddies from my hometown that made the drive to visit. It had been a long time since we last had some real in depth conversation, and it was interesting to think about how much each of us has and continues to develop. They seem to be under the impression that I've changed the least. I've given that some more thought, and I think I've changed plenty over the past 10 years, but in less visible ways. I've become very confident in who I am and why, MUCH less frugal, more directed, and place a higher value on my friendships (although due to school, less time). There have been other negative changes, but nothing I'd share with the world on a blog. Anyway, the short of it is that it was one of those rare moments when guys actually connect with each other in a meaningful way outside of smashing beer cans on our heads, something which is also greatly needed.

St. Patty's day was a blast! I've never actually celebrated St. Patty's before, well, on second thought I think I attended a work friend's party one year. Anyway, my girlfriend's mom drove in and we went out for dinner and went out to see some live music and bust a move. I know partying with the girlfriend's mom doesn't sound very cool, but it was actually an amazing night. It was another chance to connect with her mom and talk, something we get to do once in a while, but distance usually prohibits.

There have been a lot more development as of late, and I wish I could share them all with you, alas, time is always a constraint. I'll get you all updated eventually.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You had me at hello.. (tear)

Seriously great times, great conversation.Let's do it again.

4/02/2007 10:45 AM  
Blogger Erin Bennett said...

Welcome back!

4/02/2007 6:03 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

welcome back and thanks.. for the congrats and all that!

i'm so curious as to what updates you have!! i awaait them! :)

4/02/2007 7:22 PM  
Blogger david said...

Thanks for welcoming me back! I just need to stick to it!

4/03/2007 7:26 AM  
Blogger Karin - BluePip Designs said...

You can do it!

4/03/2007 10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home